- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Analytic Therapy
- Post Qualifying Diploma in Counselling Children and Adolescents
- Diploma in Professional Studies, Counselling
I am a Fully Qualified, Registered and Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist. My accrediting bodies are: The British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and the Association for Cognitive Analytic Therapists (ACAT).
Most recently I was the School Counsellor for John Cabot Academy in Kingswood, Bristol. Working with children from years 7-11.
Previous to this I worked within the NHS for 8 years using Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Counselling and Psychotherapy, on short and long term basis in the following settings: GP surgeries, the NHS Talking Therapies Service (IAPT), Complex Needs Service within the Community Mental Health Teams (CMHT’s) in Wells and Berkshire and Maggie’s Cancer Charity in Oxford. I have also been a supervisor.
I have a proven record of helping many people to see past what may be troubling them. The range of issues I have worked with includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Relationship Issues
- Parenting challenges / relationships within the family / conflict with parents
- Depression and Anxiety (mild / recent — severe / enduring)
- Self Esteem and Confidence
- Bereavement and Loss
- Identity Problems
- Trauma and Abuse (past and/or present)
- Rape and Sexual Assult
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Personality Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Eating Disorders
- Self Harming and Suicide
- Life Adjustments
- Postnatal Depression
- Problem Solving
- Troubles concentrating at school / behaviour issues
- Exam pressures / anxiety
Prior to training as a Counsellor, I worked therapeutically with individuals and groups for 12 years across a number of settings including charities, Drug and Alcohol Services and Rehabilitation Centres, and the prison service.
I work in accordance with BACP and ACAT code’s of ethics and practice, I am Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) checked.